Christmas was nothing short of amazing this year. I feel like I’m finally part of two families, and Oscar’s parents were very gracious in showing me that.
I didn’t want to turn this post into a bragging list of everything I got, but I did want to include the highlights-
– A beautiful Tahitian pearl pendant from Oscar
– A new digital camera from my parents
– A crockpot! Complete with slow-cooker cookbook so I can actually make things in it.
– Some books on my Amazon list
– A beautiful purse from Oscar’s parents
– Some DVDs and other CDs (Including Mothership and Planet Earth, yay)
And last but certainly not least, new eyeballs!!! I went to the doctor’s office last week and the doc said that I am indeed in serious need of cataract surgery. I’m completely covered by my insurance, because it’s seen as a medical necessity. How friggin’ sweet is that???
I spoke with the surgery director this morning and I’m all set for my pre-op visit, so they can take the measurements for my lenses and stuff, and she penciled me in for the third week in February for the actual procedure. I can’t wait. Less than two months and my vision will be vastly improved.
2008 is looking clearer already.